Activating the Palimpsest: Historical Interpretation, Uneven Gentrification, and Publicness on Manhattan’s Lower East Side.Palandrani, Joseph E.
This thesis examines the material and discursive contours of publicness as it relates to constructions of historical significance and other kinds of meaning and value on the Lower East Side. It stems from a summer of ethnographic work – including conducting interviews, participating in tourist activities, and engaging in local political forums – at the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and at other ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Gentrification--New York (State)--New York.
- Lower East Side Tenement National Historic Site (New York, N.Y.)
- Lower East Side (New York, N.Y.)--History.
- Tufts University. Department of Anthropology.
- Permanent URL