Love and Re-Visit: Adaptation from Shakespeare's King Lear to Smiley's A Thousand Acres.Browder, Imogen R.
"Re-vision – the act of looking back, of seeing with fresh eyes, of entering an old textfrom a new critical direction – is for [women] more than a chapter in cultural history" (Rich), and in this thesis, I analyze how Smiley re-visits Shakespeare's original in order to question traditional readings of the female characters. Using what is learned through this analysis, I re-visit The Tempest in a s... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Women in literature.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616--Characters--Women.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616--Adaptations.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.--King Lear.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.--Tempest.
- Smiley, Jane. Thousand acres.
- Tufts University. Department of English.
- Permanent URL