Queering Identity in David Wojnarowicz's Sex Series.Dimson-Doyle, Erin.
In contrast to much of the scholarship on Wojnarowicz up to this point, my thesis works against a biographical impulse. In doing so I look at not only the ways the Sex Series can be read outside of Wojnarowicz's identity as a white gay man, but how it is made relevant to modern day minority subjects. I take up various theories drawing on and critiquing queer theory to make these arguments.
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Photography, Artistic--20th century.
- Queer theory.
- Wojnarowicz, David--Criticism and interpretation.
- Tufts University. Department of Art and Art History.
- Permanent URL