Something's Bubbling Under the Surface: Organized Sports and Masculinities in a Changing WorldWhitney, Nicholas J.
This thesis engages in theoretical and empirical discussions of continuing reproductions of masculine power within athletic contexts in the United States, even under the guise of ostensibly "progressive" change. Implications for critical education for high school athletes are also discussed.
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Sports--Social aspects--United States.
- Masculinity in sports--United States.
- Educational change--United States.
- High school athletes--Education--United States.
- Tufts University. Department of Sociology.
- Permanent URL