A Comparative Analysis of Trainspotting and Jesus’ Son: Cultural Identities Constructed through Heroin Addiction in LiteratureZimetbaum, Molly Y.
My thesis will concentrate on Irvine Welsh’s novel Trainspotting and Denis Johnson’s collection of short stories, Jesus’ Son. These two books were published—in Scotland and America respectively—in the early 1990’s, and portray the lives of heroin addicts. I argue that these works, while portraying many universalities surrounding drug experience, express larger distinctions in Scottish and American... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Addicts in literature.
- Drug abuse in literature.
- National characteristics, Scottish.
- National characteristics, American.
- Welsh, Irvine.Trainspotting.
- Johnson, Denis, 1949- Jesus' son.
- Tufts University. Department of English.
- Permanent URL