Is Wage Theft Worth it? An analysis of the profitability of wage theft and the role of reciprocity in the factory-worker relationship in Vietnamese apparel factoriesRondon Ichikawa, Gabriel I.
This paper examines the impact wage theft can have on a firm’s level of productivity and how wage theft impacts the role reciprocity plays in the relationship between factories and workers in Vietnamese Apparel factories. Ostensibly, by lowering costs, wage theft is a profit-maximizing practice. However, insights from behavioral economics suggest that is not always the case. Departing from the neo... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Industrial productivity--Vietnam.
- Unfair labor practices--Vietnam.
- Employee rights--Vietnam.
- Clothing trade--Vietnam.
- Textile industry--Vietnam.
- Tufts University. Department of Economics.
- Permanent URL