Nightmarish Natures: Ecocritical Approaches to Apocalyptic Thinking in the 20th Century.Christiansen, Savannah K.
I will apply an ecocritical lens to three primary texts. Beginning with early industrial capitalism, I turn to a classic fiction of cultural ‘encounter’––Joseph Conrad’s 1902 novella Heart of Darkness. I will briefly consider the continuation of the ‘Heart of Darkness’ trope through Hupert Sauper’s 2006 documentary Darwin’s Nightmare before turning to Richard Fleischer’s 1973 film Soylent Green. T... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Literature, Modern--20th century--Themes, motives.
- Darwin's nightmare (film)
- Soylent green (motion picture)
- Conrad, Joseph, 1857-1924. Heart of darkness.
- Atwood, Margaret, 1939- Oryx and crake.
- Tufts University. Department of English.
- Permanent URL