Advertising, Habit Formation, and the Peer Effect: How banning advertising to children changed consumption and welfare in Quebec’s toy industry.Reiff, Joseph S.
Overconsumption is a growing topic of concern as environmental and financial instability become more problematic in the developed world. Because advertising contributes to consumer habit formation and advertising targeting children is particularly effective, limiting children’s exposure to advertisements may result in short-term and long-term consumer change. In 1980, Quebec implemented the Consum... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Television advertising and children--Québec (Province)
- Advertising and children--Québec (Province)
- Toy industry--Québec (Province)
- Consumers-- Québec (Province)
- Consumer behavior--Québec (Province)
- Consumer protection--Québec (Province)
- Tufts University. Department of Economics.
- Permanent URL