The Art of Tsukkomi: Its Origin and Role in Contemporary Japanese Society.Xiong, Zesheng.
This thesis examines a popular concept in contemporary Japanese society that is rarely tackled alone in English literature on Japanese culture studies: tsukkomi. Put into simplest terms, it is an act of humorously reacting to another person's words, action, or attribute. Citing various Japanese and English sources, the thesis studies the concept beginning with its definition, its meaning as a word... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Manzai (Comedy)
- Japan--Humor--Social aspects.
- Tufts University. Department of German, Russian and Asian Languages and Literatures.
- Tufts University. Department of International Literary and Cultural Studies.
- Permanent URL