“Are You a Good Witch, or a Bad Witch?”: Female Stereotypes in Animated TelevisionFrank, Deborah S.
This content analysis examined a total of thirty episodes of ten different cartoons. A team of undergraduate and graduate students coded all speaking characters for demographic information, physical portrayals, and a variety of personality traits. Results of this particular study found that males outnumbered female characters about two to one. Females were rated as skinnier and more beautiful, and... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Senior honors thesis.
- Tufts University. Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development.
- Animated television programs--Social aspects.
- Children's television programs--Social aspects.
- Television and children.
- Stereotypes (Social psychology)
- Sex role on television.
- Sexism in mass media.
- Permanent URL