Guerrilla Intervention into Space: Case Studies in Cuba and UruguayBeswick, Spencer C.
This thesis is interested in the production of social space in Cuba and Uruguay and the guerrilla intervention into that space by Fidel Castro's rebel army in Cuba and the Tupamaros in Uruguay. Drawing on Henri Lefebvre's theory of the production of space, I trace the production of colonial capitalist space in the two countries, emphasizing the impact of sugar production in Cuba and urban developm... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Senior honors thesis.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Guerrilla warfare--Cuba--History--20th century.
- Guerrilla warfare--Uruguay--History--20th century.
- Space and time.
- Lefebvre, Henri, 1901-1991.
- Permanent URL