Military Strategy and Adaptation in Machiavelli and Frederick the Great.Parens, Raphael J.
This work strives to demonstrate and explain the difficult relationship between Machiavelli and Frederick the Great. The two authors were divided by centuries, socio-political position, language, and political landscapes. This difference is essential in understanding their works, as Frederick’s work serves as an adaptation of Machiavelli’s thoughts and ideas on military-political theory, developin... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Military art and science--Philosophy.
- Machiavelli, Niccolò, 1469-1527.
- Frederick II, King of Prussia, 1712-1786.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL