The Demand for Rail Transit: an Analysis of Boston's MBTAConwell, Lucas J.
This paper estimates a derived demand model at the station level for the MBTA heavy and light rail system, making use of demographic, transit service-related, and built environment variables to run a simultaneous equations regression. I confirm the hypotheses that average speed of the rail line, median income, percentage of residents under age 35, and WalkScore positively impact transit ridership ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tisch Library Records
- Tufts University. Department of Economics.
- Urban transportation--Massachusetts--Planning.
- Local transit--Massachusetts--Planning.
- Econometric models.
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
- Permanent URL