Documenting the American Military Experience in the Iraq and Afghanistan WarsWilczek, Eliot
This essay reviews the challenges of documenting the American military experience in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It looks at the appraisal challenges presented by the complexities of counterinsurgency warfare. It then examines the nature of current military records with a focus on their volume and mix of structured and informal documents and data. Finally, it reviews the recordkeeping challenge... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Appraisal of archival materials.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011--United States--Documentation.
- Afghan War, 2001--- United States--Documentation.
- United States. Army--Records and correspondence.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Soyka, Heather and Eliot Wilczek. “Documenting the American Military Experience in the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars.” American Archivist 77, no. 1 (Spring/Summer 2014): 175-199.