With the First Pick in the NFL Draft, Tversky and Kahneman Select...: Irrationality in the NFL Draft as a Manifestation of Cognitive Biases, 1967-2013.Roubey, Michael S.
Abstract: This thesis analyzes three hypotheses of ways in which the use of cognitive heuristics could lead to suboptimal decision making in the National Football League (NFL) draft. In the first hypothesis, teams draft more players from schools with high-caliber players due to the availability heuristic. This bias is found and is shown to be detrimental to team... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Senior honors thesis.
- Tufts University. Department of Economics.
- Football draft--United States.
- Football--United States.
- Professional sports--Economic aspects--United States.
- Professional sports--Social aspects--United States.
- Decision making.
- Permanent URL