Female Suffrage and Gender Politics in France.Ades, Anika R.
Abstract: In the industrialized world, states with large Catholic populations have enfranchised women on average 20-30 years later than states that are predominantly Protestant. The prevailing explanation for this phenomenon is largely cultural; Catholic doctrine creates strictly traditional roles for women and creates a culture of female oppression. This paper will show that in the French example... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Senior honors thesis.
- Tufts University. International Relations Program.
- Women--France--Social conditions.
- Women's rights--France--History.
- Permanent URL