Broadcasting Identity: Lesbian Chefs and the Politics of Visibility.Brady, Blair F.
Abstract: This project is about mass-mediated lesbian identity and the ambiguous politics of lesbian visibility as expressed in the realm of professional cooking. In recent years, mass-media outlets such as the Food Network have turned chefs into celebrities. Central to this trend has been the rise of competitive cooking shows, like Iron Chef America and Chopped, where chefs duel with one another ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Television cooking shows--United States--History and criticism.
- Lesbians in popular culture.
- Tufts University. Department of Anthropology.
- Permanent URL