(En)gendering New Roles: War and Exile as Agents of Female Empowerment in Contemporary Iraqi Women’s Literature.Minoff, Natalya.
Abstract: In my thesis, I will conduct a comparative analysis of the wartime and exilic narratives written by three contemporary female Iraqi authors. Through a close reading of Betool Khedairi’s two novels Absent (2004) and A Sky So Close (2001), Mikhail’s poetical memoir Diary of a Wave Outside the Sea (2009), and al-Radi’s autobiographical journal Baghdad Diaries (1998), I will assess the exten... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Exiles' writings.
- Exiled women authors.
- Women and literature--Iraq.
- Tufts University. International Literary and Visual Studies.
- Tufts University. Department of International Literary and Cultural Studies.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication