Made in America: Jay Z and the Trouble with the American Dream.Mayer, Ellen S.
Abstract: Since the crossover success of Blueprint 3 established Jay Z as a global pop star, the drug dealer turned mogul has come to embody the American Dream, continuing a tradition of rags-to-riches storytelling which has always enthralled American audiences. As a Black man the rapper exemplifies not just the possibility of class mobility but also racial advancement. His individual success, how... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Rap musicians--United States--Biography.
- Social mobility--United States.
- Social classes--United States.
- Celebrities--United States.
- American Dream.
- Jay-Z, 1969-
- Tufts University. American Studies Program.
- Permanent URL