XRF Analysis of Lacustrine Sediment from Linnévatnet, Svalbard.Strand, Sarah M.
Abstract: Linnévatnet, Western Spitsbergen, Svalbard is a proglacial lake with varved sediment. Given pronounced Arctic warming in recent decades, Linnévatnet is a suitable location for paleoclimate studies based on lacustrine sediment. Previous analyses of sediment from Linné have been based in varve counting and thickness; this thesis investigates the data yielded by a new long core technique: X... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Sedimentation and deposition.
- Lake sediments.
- Sedimentation analysis--Measurement--Technological innovations.
- Svalbard (Norway)
- Tufts University. Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences.
- Permanent URL