The Butcher, the Brewer, the Baker, and the Cosmos: Hayek’s Use of Smith in Ordering the Great Society.Berg, Austin R.
Abstract: In his writing on political, legal, social and economic theory, one may find in the work of Friedrich Hayek one of the most comprehensive and unique justifications for liberal society in the last 250 years. This is largely a result of his use of spontaneous order theory. Hayek is clearly adamant in tracing the economic and political origins of that theoretical scaffolding to the thinkers... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Social sciences--Philosophy.
- Economics--History--20th century.
- Liberalism--History--20th century.
- Hayek, Friedrich A. von (Friedrich August), 1899-199--Political and social views.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL