Politics at the Intersection of Bilingual Education and Immigration: A Study of Newspaper Rhetoric and Framing Over Three Pivotal Periods.Kroll, Rachel.
Abstract: It is often claimed that bilingual education policy preferences are a proxy for immigration policy references due to the fact that both policies have the same target population: immigrants. This thesis examines the intersection of immigration policies and language policies across three key modern time periods: 1986-1987, 2001-2002, and 2005-2006. In 1986-1987, the Immigration Reform and ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Senior honor thesis.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Education, Bilingual--United States.
- United States--Emigration and immigration.
- United States--Ethnic relations.
- Mass media--Social aspects.
- Permanent URL