A Fearful Gift: Depression in the Modern Us Presidential Primary Race and the Case of Abraham Lincoln.Schor, Shayna H.
Abstract: Psychiatrists have argued that Abraham Lincoln fits the modern diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder. In 2012, two in three Americans said they would elect him today if given the option. Realistically, though, if a candidate had a history of a mental illness, would he or she be able to gain his or her party's nomination? Given the structure of the primary process and popular ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Politicians---Mental health.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-186--Psychology.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication