The Levant Unveiled: Western Travelers' Reports on Ottoman Female Bathing Culture.Weinstein, Molly L.
Tisch Library Undergraduate Research Award, Department of Art and Art History. Abstract: Beginning in the mid-sixteenth century, western European travelers began venturing to the Ottoman Empire on a more frequent basis. This increase in Oriental travel yielded a new collection of travel narratives. A topic of particular interest in the western travelogues was the Ottoman institution of the hammam,... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tisch Library Records
- Turkey--Description and travel.
- Turkey--Social life and customs.
- Turkey--History--Ottoman Empire, 1288-1918.
- Tufts University. Department of Art and Art History.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication