The Service of the Mashpee Indians in the American RevolutionDenney, Jacob T.
Tisch Library Undergraduate Research Award, Department of History During the American Revolution, twenty-nine Mashpee Indians served in the Continental Army. Only two of those confirmed twenty-nine enlisted men survived the war to file a pension application; a dramatic loss for a community with less than sixty male heads of household in 1776. The death toll was possibly so h... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tisch Library Records
- Mashpee Indians--History.
- Indians of North America--History--Revolution, 1775-1783.
- Indians of North America--Wars--1775-1783.
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Participation, Indian.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Permanent URL