SOUTHERN SMOKERS BAND TOGETHER TO BATTLE SECOND-CLASS STATUS1992-01-13
Marginalia; Article describing the actions of smokers' rights groups in the South. Describes extensive lobbying that has occurred and emphasizes smokers' desire to no longer be "treated like second-class citizens". Mentions the active anti-smoking lobby trying to enact smoking restriction to counteract the smokers' rights groups' grassroots efforts. Depicts graphically that the Southeast has the l... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Community Health Program Records
- Pidcock, Frank (Tobacco Warehouseman/Member, Smokers Rights Alliance)
- Brenton, Dave (President, Smokers Rights Alliance)
- Allsop, Susan (Spokeswoman, United Smokers Association)
- Montgomery, Max (smokers' rights group member)
- Smokers Rights Alliance
- United Smokers Association
- Philip Morris U.S.A.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
- Permanent URL