The Development of Femininity and Womanhood in the Veiled Prophet Debutante Ball of St. Louis, Missouri: A Critical Analysis.Chambers, Nora Catherine.
This thesis examines the social and cultural implications of a debutante ball that takes place annually in St. Louis, Missouri. The ball is run by a men's social organization and because of this, an interesting power dynamic is created between the men in the organization and their daughters, who participate in the ball. Through personal interviews and scholarly research, the effect of the ball on ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Young women--Social life and customs
- Tufts University. Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program.
- Tufts University. Women's Studies Program.
- Permanent URL