"A Strange Chaos": Preserving Internet Art in the Wake of Walter Benjamin's Critical Legacy.Boxer, Carly B.
This thesis explores current approaches to preserving Internet art, and examines comparisons made between Internet art and earlier media from a theoretical perspective. Contemporary preservation implicitly accepts as true twentieth-century literary critic Walter Benjamin's contention that the mechanically reproduced work of art loses its aura and falls victim to ideological objectives: in so doing... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Art and the Internet.
- Technology and the arts.
- Digital art--Preservation.
- New media art--Preservation.
- Benjamin, Walter, 1892-1940.
- Tufts University. Department of Art and Art History.
- Permanent URL