Moving Gyeongseong: Korean Reaction to Changes in the Urban Landscape of Colonial Seoul in the 1920s.Song, Jane Ga-Young.
The 1920s building boom in Gyeongseong (the name of Seoul during the Japanese occupation of 1910-1945) created a modern geography that had not existed before. Korean residents traveled along the widened roads that connected all the major city monuments, absorbed their new environment sculpted by imposing western-style buildings, and congregated in public places ("officially sanctioned social place... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Tufts University. International Relations Program.
- Tufts University. Department of German, Russian and Asian Languages and Literatures.
- Tufts University. Department of International Literary and Cultural Studies.
- Permanent URL