"Brother Warriors": American Indian Soldiers in the Continental ArmyDenney, Jacob Thomas
Collective memory tends to overlook Native American involvement in the Revolutionary War. Many Native Americans became active participants, serving as emissaries, spies, rangers, and as enlisted and commissioned regular soldiers and officers. These men made the decision to fight, and for whom, on both an individual and a tribal level. American Indian soldiers were motivated by a variety of factors... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Indians of North America--History--Revolution, 1775-1783.
- Indians of North America--Wars--1775-1783.
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Participation, Indian.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Permanent URL