The Boston Stone at Creek Square, ca. 1910

Unknown
1910

View of The Boston Stone, which is embedded in the southeast elevation of 116 Blackstone Street, located on Creek Square. A sign for the Marshall House Restaurant is visible to the left of The Boston Stone. Originally used for grinding paint; became unofficial marker from which to measure distance, ca. 1737. Image is part of the Henry P. Curtis Collection. 5 7/8 x 8 Photographs

This object is in collection:
Boston Streets collections
Subjects
Monuments
Signs and signboards
Massachusetts
Boston (Mass.)
Government Center
Creek Square
Marshall House Restaurant
Permanent URL
http://hdl.handle.net/10427/13084
ID: tufts:TBS.VW0001.000788
To Cite: DCA Citation Guide
Usage: Detailed Rights

To request a high-resolution image, choose Add to List.