Longwood area, general view of a Mansard style house on Carlton Street, Brookline, Massachusetts.Floyd, Margaret Henderson.
General exterior view of a mansard style house in the Longwood area of Brookline, Massachusetts. One of several slides taken in this area. Mansard or mansard roof (also called a French roof) is a four-sided gambrel-style hip roof characterized by two slopes on each of its sides with the lower slope, punctured by dormer windows, at a steeper angle than the upper. The roof creates an additional floo... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Margaret Henderson Floyd Architectural Slide Collection
- Architectural practice--Massachusetts--Brookline--History.
- Regionalism in architecture--Massachusetts.
- Architecture, Domestic--Massachusetts--Brookline.
- Brookline (Mass.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- exterior views.
- mansard roofs.
- Permanent URL