“We kill...metadata”: Drones and the Processing RegimeGoetz, Camden
This research project draws on a variety of data to argue that contemporary US drone warfare can be understood as a processing regime. Using a variety of technologies with the drone at the center, the US military approaches potential targets as information to be processed both literally and figuratively, suspending their autonomy (partially) as well as the categories of civilian and insurgent them... read more
- Drone aircraft--Moral and ethical aspects--United States.
- Drone aircraft--Government policy--United States.
- War--Moral and ethical aspects--United States.
- United States--Military policy--Moral and ethical aspects.
- Tufts University. Department of Anthropology.
- Permanent URL