Victory Has Many Friends: U.S. Public Opinion and the Use of Military Force, 1981-2005.Eichenberg, Richard C., 1952-
Although previous studies have examined U.S. public support for the use of military force in particular historical cases, and have even made limited comparisons among cases, a full comparison of a large number of historical episodes in which the United States contemplated, threatened, or actually used military force has been missing. An analysis of U.S. public support for the use of military force... read more
- Public opinion--United States.
- United States--Military policy--Public opinion.
- United States--Armed Forces.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Eichenberg, Richard C. "Victory Has Many Friends: U.S. Public Opinion and the Use of Military Forde, 1981-2005." International Security 30, no. 1 (2005): 140-77. doi:10.1162/0162288054894616. © 2005 President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.