Implications of Complexity for Research on Learning Progressions.Hammer, David (David M.)
The National Research Council (NRC) first offered learning progressions (LPs) as a potentially generative construct for science education in its 2007 report Taking Science to School. The report defined LPs as descriptions of the successively more sophisticated ways of thinking about a topic that can follow one another as children learn about and investigate a topic over a broad span of time" (NRC,... read more
- Science--Study and teaching.
- Science--Study and teaching (Elementary)--Case studies.
- Thought and thinking--Study and teaching (Elementary)--Case studies.
- Tufts University. Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Tufts University. Department of Education.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Hammer, David & Tiffany-Rose Sikorski. "Implications of Complexity for Research on Learning Progressions." Science Education 99:3 (2015). http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sce.21165.