Responsive teaching and the beginnings of energy in a third grade classroom.Hammer, David (David M.)
Goldberg, Fred (Fred M.)
Fargason, Sharon, 1949-
Energy, like "the whole of science…is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking" (Einstein, 1936) It is a refinement in two respects, both conceptually, in the particular canonical features of the concept, and epistemologically, in the kind of intellectual pursuit the concept supports. Drawing on data from the third author's third-grade class, we show evidence of children's productive co... read more
- Physics--Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Force and energy--Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Interaction analysis in education.
- Concept learning.
- Third grade (Education)
- Tufts University. Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Tufts University. Department of Education.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Hammer, David, Fred Goldberg & Sharon Fargason. "Responsive teaching and the beginnings of energy in a third grade classroom." Review of Science, Math, and ICT Education 6.1 (2012). http://resmicte.lis.upatras.gr/index.php/review/issue/view/202.